Work at the CKA
Jobs in the Industry
Click on the posters and links below to find out more about available positions:
Senior Rails Engineer – Hood River – Apply here
Open position at Pryde Group Americas
The Pryde Group is in the manufacturing, marketing and selling of water sports equipment from various partnered brands. This position in the Americas will support the division brand managers and its customers from initial contact to product delivery to ensure customer satisfaction. This individual will play a pivotal part of supporting new sales programs and driving overall sales through customer service focus, and as a resource to the overall sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All inbound dealer communications via phone, skype, and email, etc.
- General customer relations
- Communications with all independent sales rep regarding sales, orders, and customer service issues
- Complete management of order fulfillment from order submission to ensuring that backorders and future orders are filled accurately and in a timely manner
- Solving a variety of customer service issues as they relate to the sales division
- Securing new and add-on orders via sales calls, attendance of promotions and demo events, dealer meetings and trade shows, and participation in other activities
- Assist Division Managers in periodic activities such as drafting inventory and sales documents, letters to retailers, updating of dealer information in PGA systems, etc.
- Achieving the monthly sales goals established by management
- Recruitment of new accounts
- Participating in the sorting and counting of year-end inventory
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree helpful
- Knowledge and/or experience of water sports industry a plus
- Experience in standup paddle, kitesurfing and/or windsurfing and basic knowledge of products
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience required with strong proficiency in Excel
- Ability to confidently sell products via the telephone or face to face
- Minimum 1-2 years prior experience supporting sales team or division, or educational equivalent
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills; bilingual with Spanish a plus
- Team player mentality
- Ability to solve simple to complex problems efficiently
- Quick and reasonable decision making skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize skills
- Candidate must be able to work independently
- Customer service focused
- Detail oriented
– posted January 4th 2015
REAL Watersports is hiring for the 2015 season!
Live and work on Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, home of REAL Watersports and the world famous TripleS kiteboarding competition. Join a team of expert kiteboard coaches and progress your riding skills in the world-class conditions all season long. Gain industry experience and immerse yourself in the world of kiteboarding! Submit your application today or contact us for more info on available positions.
INTERN KITEBOARDING ASSOCIATION
The Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association (www.gorgekiter.com) has an opportunity for an unpaid intern position this spring and summer.
We are seeking a motivated individual interested in learning the ins and outs of the kiteboard industry and operations of a small non-profit association.
AREAS OF ACTIVITY AND LEARNING
The intern will work closely with the Association President and Board.
Engaged in outgoing and responsive communication to the community to build visibility and membership. Will be working with primary communications channels of direct outreach, nwkite.com, Facebook and the CGKA website.
Engaged in membership development, event planning, website management and fundraising.
The intern will report directly to the President of the Association and communicate with the Board of Directors regularly.
The organization will support the work of the intern by providing workspace in the Hood River area. The intern will be reimbursed up to $750 monthly for expenses incurred including phone, transportation, supplies, Association related entertainment, etc.
The organization will provide additional support with intent to create a robust learning experience by scheduling regular time with Board Members to discuss Association issues and industry opportunities. Board Member experience includes kiteboard industry, retailing, news, events, and business management.
Intern will have opportunities to connect with industry and regional leaders as part of the work.
The Board seeks an individual with deep interests in the active sports industry. Graduate levels preferred, but well prepared upper class students will be considered.
It is strongly preferred that this internship be sponsored by an educational institution as part of a program of study. Preferred fields of study include: Business, Sports Industry, Marketing or Communications.
Individual must demonstrate high energy, excellent communicator and be comfortable meeting and working with new people.
Individual must be technically savvy and able to understand basic web management and social media.
Located in Hood River, Oregon central to windsports, bicycling and many other outdoor activities.
Applicants should forward a statement of interest plus background information including jobs and educational experience. Applicant should state availability and means of support for this unpaid position.
THIS INTERNSHIP IS UNPAID, DOES NOT DISPLACE THE WORK OF ANY EMPLOYEE AND DOES NOT INFER THE OFFER OF A JOB AT THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP PERIOD.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org